Find the perfect match


Working with numerous tasks and large teams can be challenging, but BigPicture can help you with assigning tasks and propose the best-suited assignee based on the following:

  • Resource's (individual or team) skillset - skills weigh most in the algorithm, approx.—70%.

  • Remaining capacity -  remaining capacity weighs the remaining 30%.

Finding the perfect match image-20240305-145752.png also works when a user is not assigned to any team. In such a case, the availability is assumed to be 100%.

For best results, define the required skills to complete a task on the Jira issue detail page.

Find the perfect match

To use the Find the perfect match feature:

  1. Go to the Resources module.

  2. Click on the task that you want to assign.

  3. A dialog with task details will appear. When you enable the skill panel, the Required skill section will appear in the dialog.

    Screenshot of clicking on the Find the perfect match button in the Resources module of BigPicture.

  4. Click on the shooting target image-20240305-151335.pngnext to the Individual. BigPicture will propose the perfect match.

    Screenshot of the results for the Find the perfect match feature in the Resources module of BigPicture.

Tasks assigned to both individuals and teams that the individual is not a part of will be marked in yellow, and you will see a warning informing you about the steps to be performed.

Inactive users are NOT visible in the find perfect match results. They are excluded by default.

You can also find the perfect match by using the skill widget, which you can find on the issue details page just below the People section.

How the mechanism works

BigPicture can propose up to five matching assignees and sort by relevance. The first on the list is the best match, the second is the second-best, and so on.

  • Resources matching is cut off after the fifth-best one (linear regression, statistical modeling, is used to determine the list of five).

  • You can assign both individuals and teams using this feature.

  • The five best assignees are proposed based on:

    • Skills required to complete a task.

    • Skills that an individual or team members have.

    • The remaining capacity of resources – individuals or teams. The remaining capacity is calculated depending on the mode selected in the Resources module, namely original estimate, remaining estimate, or story points.

  • Skills account for the most in the algorithm (approximately 70%), but the remaining capacity is important, too (30%).

  • If you don’t manage skills in Jira, then the remaining capacity is the only contributing factor.

  • The remaining capacity can be expressed as a time period or story points.

  • You can always reassign a task to another individual or team.