You can change the terminology and rename modules. To avoid confusion, check the module icon, which is unalterable.
The Scope module is a customizable task list. Using this module, you can freely arrange columns, switch between views, and show aggregated values.
You can also update your tasks directly using the interface and, for example, use it as a Backlog. Another common example is using for reporting.
The multi-level hierarchies, quick filters, and advanced aggregation are the key features of this module.
One of the most useful features of this view is the advanced aggregations. For example: at each parent level, set the "Children in status categories %" to measure the progress based on Jira status categories. If you want to have different aggregations of the same field in one view, you can add the same field multiple times.
Using this button, you can:
- Create a task
- import tasks from a file if you have a task template in MS Project, Excel, or CSV format. This feature requires BigTemplate App.
- Clone existing tasks from other Boxes, for example, if you created a Box that is used as a task template
- Additionally, the button (Add task > Manage scope definition) provides direct access to the scope definition page.
Manage data with the following features:
- Organize tasks - use different criteria in ascending or descending order based on the fields added as columns
- Group tasks - multi-level group your tasks and count tasks in each group
- Expand all
- Collapse all
- Resynchronize - manually trigger resynchronization if your data seems out of date (requires Box Admin or Box Editor security role)
To unlock the export features, install the BigTemplate App from the Atlassian Marketplace.
The following export formats are available:
Manually change the position of your tasks. The following options are available from the top menu as well as by right-clicking on the task.
- Move to top
- Move to bottom
- Move up
- Move down
|Quick filter||Add your favorite filters to the header and filter the tasks from the list.|
Change the view options to include more information in the Gantt chart or show additional features:
- Layout - change the line spacing to fit more tasks on the screen:
- Detail view - replaces the timeline with the Jira detailed issue view.
Change the Jira fields shown as columns. You can set aggregation options or change display settings.
The search box works in two modes:
- TXT - simple text search based on the Summary field.
- JQL - advanced search using JQL with additional JQL commands added by the App.
- can't change the task structure - they can't indent/outdent tasks or use the drag-and-drop functionality to move them in the structure.
- don't have the "delete" button (can't remove tasks)
Live-sync is available for the Scope module. It lets you see changes in data without the need to refresh a page. With the live sync, your data will be instantly updated when users update their tasks.