WebHook setup is necessary for automatic synchronization between the primary and a secondary Jira Cloud.
Adding WebHooks to the secondary Jira Cloud
The steps below have to be carried out in the Jira Cloud that will function as a secondary, additional connection (not the primary Jira Cloud where BigPicture has been installed)
- Log in to the Jira cloud you are trying to connect.
- Go to Settings > System > webHooks
- Create a WebHook
- Create a name. Set status to "enabled" and paste a link generated by BigPicture.
- Check all the boxes (except "Exclude Body")
- Hit "Save"
Generate the BigPicture endpoint URL
You can generate the link at any time.
- Go to BigPicture
- Initiate a new primary connection in the primary Jira Cloud (to which another Jira Cloud will be added)
- Enter the new Jira Cloud URL (the rest of the data doesn't matter; the fields need to be filled in to proceed to the next step)
- Once you click "Next" you will see the link. Copy the link.
- Cancel the process (of adding the new connection)
Jira URL change
If the URL of your Jira cloud changes, go through the steps to set up a new WebHook.
Remove the old WebHook.